Ah, St. Patricks day. The day where half the world celebrates being “Irish” and Ireland organises (mainly) silly parades. The big ones may get televised but you haven’t really had an Irish St. Patricks day until you sit in a small town in Tipperary or Cork or anywhere rural and watch the trucks from local businesses drive through the streets.
I’m in Frankfurt this year for St. Patricks day so we decided to make some Black Velvet cocktails in a throw back to the Celtic Tiger. Also because although they are decadent, they are delicious!
- Can(s) of Guinness (depending on how much you'd like to make)
- Champagne (I used Veuve Clicquot but any champagne or sparkling wine would do)
- Champagne flute(s)
- Ensure the champagne and Guinness have been chilled.
- Fill the champagne flute half way with Guinness. Allow to settle (i.e. the Guinness separates into black and white).
- Top with the champagne. Be careful, this will fizz up much more than expected!