Best Scrambled Eggs
It’s easy to say “Best scrambled eggs in the world” and I’m well aware how easy it is to disagree with that! Growing up I hate scrambled eggs, they were always too wet served on some soggy bread. These scrambled eggs are the best I’ve ever eaten.
- 4 eggs (add an extra 2 for each additional person)
- A knob of butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Handful of freshly chopped chives (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of double cream (optional)
- Smoked Rainbow Trout or Smoked Salmon
- Fresh Croissant per person
- A non-stick saucepan
- A small frying pan
- Leave the salmon/trout out of the fridge.
- Cut each croissant in half and place in a dry, un-oiled frying pan with the insides facing down over a low heat. Remove once have become nicely toasted. Be aware that they burn easily!
- Melt about 3/4s of the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Crack the eggs directly into the saucepan, stirring furiously until they start to come together. When they have started to become a little bit more solid, but still quite runny, remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining butter. Season well with salt and pepper and add the chives and cream if using. Stir well and return to the heat. Continue to stir furiously until the eggs are cooked.
- Add the croissant and eggs to the plates then drape the fish onto the plate too.
- Serve the breakfast along side a glass of chilled Prosecco.